Friday 19 November 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Now that the fishing season has all but passed for another year, all that's left is to talk about are the highs and lows of this year's experiences and to look forward to what next season might hold.

Its been a great season. Almost a year ago we had a couple of very cold, but very enjoyable days fishing upstream nymphs for grayling on the Clyde and the Tweed. Then as the long hard winter gave way to spring, I recall "kelt-bashing" on the Tweed and South Esk.


That day on Middle Kinnaird the South Esk was superb. We had had a bit of sport with a few kelts, then, just before lunch, I had a solid pull which suggested that there might just be the odd springer in the river. Restarting after lunch, in an uncharacteristic gesture of generosity, I suggested to my fishing pal Stuart, that he might want to put a fly through the same pool. Five minutes later his fly had been grabbed by a magnificent bright silver springer. The fight was the best I'd seen in years with this fabulous fish making amazing runs and leaps. Eventually Stuart landed and then returned the bonniest fish (about 10lbs) that I was to see all season.


Anyway, more memories of this passing season and discussion of things to come with my next blog.

All being well, I'll look to post twice a week during the winter, but then probably only once a week once the fishing starts again. Tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment